Glacier View Campground Overlooks Kennecott Glacier in McCarthy, Alaska
Enjoy the beauty of wild Wrangell-St. Elias National Park while camping with views of the Kennecott Glacier. The campground is nestled into a scenic location overlooking the national park on the edge of the historic town of McCarthy. Follow along on Facebook!
Number of Sites: 22 Campsites
RV Camp Sites: Yes, our RV sites are great for Class B and Class C vehicles!
Tent Camp Sites: Yes
Water Hookup: N/A
Sewer Hookup: N/A
Dry Sites: Yes. Hard packed earthen, rock and gravel campsites.
Dates of Operation: Mid-May through Mid-September
Restaurant on Site: Yes! Glacier View Grill
Glacier View Grill – next to the Campground
Did we mention burgers as big as the Wrangell Mountain Range! This outdoor cafe is famous for its “Glacier Burger”, and offers BBQ foods and beer/wine. Enjoying unreal camp views and unreal eats at this McCarthy staple – Glacier View Campground and Grill.
Glacier View Grill Menu
- Glacier Burger – White Cheddar & Jack Cheese
- Texas Burger – Pepper Jack Cheese, Bacon, Onion, BBQ Sauce
- Hawaiian Burger – Pineapple Slice, Teriyaki Sauce
- Italian Burger – Mozzarella Cheese, Marinara Sauce, Onion
- Mexican Burger – Pepper Jack Cheese, Jalapenos, Salsa
- Swiss Burger – Swiss Cheese, Mushrooms, A-1 Sauce
- Wrangell Burger – Lettuce, Tomato, Onion
*Substitute Veggie Patty on any Burger.
*Substitute Salmon Patty on any Burger
- BBQ Jerk – Jerk Spice, Grilled Pineapple & Creamy Slaw
- Teriyaki – Onions, Pineapple Ring & Teriyaki Sauce
- Classic American – BBQ Sauce, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Onion
- Reindeer – Alaska Reindeer Dog
Polish – Polish Dog, Sauerkraut, Onions
Sled Dog – Good ol’ Dog and Bun – Choose your Condiments
Directions to Glacier View Campground & Grill
Glacier View Campground is located approximately 300 miles east of Anchorage in The Wrangell-St. Elias National Park near the historic towns of Kennecott and McCarthy, Alaska. The campground is at the end of the McCarthy Road, on the edge of the town of McCarthy. The McCarthy Road is a gravel spur road that runs from the end of the Edgerton Highway in Chitina, Alaska, to the Kennecott River pedestrian foot bridge about 1 mile from the town center of McCarthy, Alaska. There is a privately owned, tool auto bridge into town with limited access for visitors.